On grieving 02

Packing away Thehalflight's CD collection today turned out to be a trip deep into our teenage years. There was Green Day's Insomniac album and Stuck With Me single - the single, I remember very well because he bought that at the same time as when I bought Oasis' Whatever single. We were in Singapore and this was 1996. On the drive home, we loaded up both our new singles into the car CD player, and I got to play mine first. There were other gems from that era: his Jagged Little Pill with the carefully preserved Grammy wins sticker; and three Live albums, none of which was Throwing Copper. And I remembered how much he loved Throwing Copper. We spent so much of 1996 together, whiling away our respective forms four and five buying CDs, taping songs from radio and watching Channel [V] together. Yes, 1996 will always be the year we spent together, as best friends. I love him now and miss him.